Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Dinner Meme

I kept seeing the word "meme" in the "This is . . . " blog entries I was reading. Now I know what it means. Am I that electronically unsavvy that I didn't have a clue what it is? Anywho, here is a meme that I jumped onto that was really fun to think about.

You are hosting a dinner party and you can invite 6 other guests.. All we would love to see is your choice (images please) and your reason why you chose that particular person. (I went under the premise that the person be alive as of this posting.)

Alan Alda has my sense of humor and he's witty as hell. He's one of those guys who becomes more and more attractive as you get to know him (which I do from film and TV). He exudes such confidence without seeming cocky. There's an arresting vulnerability to him as well that I think makes him relate so well to women. His movie Same Time Next Year is in my top 10 list.

Ellen Degeneres makes me laugh so hard that I snort. Won’t I be a blast at this dinner party?

Garrison Keillor’s voice is like melted butter. Every Sunday evening I get cozy in the ken of the house and put on NPR to listen to his show. He can talk about poop and make it sound like a love story you don't want to end.

Tony Bennett, legend, would have such wonderful stories to tell of the Rat Pack. And he’s become quite a well-known painter as well. After dinner we’ll all lean on the baby grand and he can sing as we drink warm cognac.

Robin Roberts is one of those women who seems to be a complete package. She’s pretty, smart, funny and would seem to be a great friend and conversationalist. And she strikes me as the kind of gal who would be totally comfortable with silences in a conversation, not feeling the need to fill them with fluff. Ellen Degeneres is out-there gay; lots of speculation about Robin’s sexual preference. Honestly, I could care less. I just think it’s interesting that the two women I chose are not girly girl kind of gals (I tend to be more girly girl in the things that I like). I guess if I were to choose a more girly girl for the party it would have to be Candice Olson from Divine Design.

Curtis Stone from Take Home Chef . . . ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. That man could fix me deep-fried souse and I would think it the most delicious thing to ever cross my lips. When he looks at women, whether it be over a grocery cart, a cut of meat or a lush, green mound of produce, he has this bedroom look that seems there is no other woman in the supermarket. Sometimes when I’m in my local Kroger, I imagine seeing him come toward me followed by a trail of cameramen. Shopping with him, coming home to cook with him, eating and drinking as he peeks from the kitchen to see my closed-eye rapture with every bite. It makes me want to clean my house before I go grocery shopping and wear something bewitchingly sexy . . . just in case.

Others I thought of but who didn't make the cut included Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward. Watch this YouTube photo montage to see two beautiful people who are so crazy about each other. It makes me wish I had found a soulmate in life. David Sedaris for his sense of humor. And Valerie Bertinelli 'cause she's so down to earth. If I had included people who were no longer with us, then four chairs would easily be filled, hands down, by Lucille Ball, Desi Arnaz, William Frawley and Vivian Vance.

No comments:

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails