Monday, April 28, 2008

Mailboxes

I do love a pretty mailbox. Susan at T-Cozy has a blog post about a mailbox that is one of the prettiest (and beachiest). Years and years ago I began collecting vintage mailboxes. I always liked the idea of a postman on foot coming up onto the front porch, pulling a handful of your mail out of his weathered leather satchel. I sold most of the boxes, but kept this one, way too pretty to let go of. My mailman, Henry, delivers by truck to my mailbox which sets on a wooden post at the street. Not nearly as small town a notion as my little green box conveys — complete with a scrolled holder for a newspaper. I have the box in my garage next to the screen door. It has no use, but just serves to make me smile, remembering simpler times.

3 comments:

Liz Harrell said...

I love that mailbox! I have an old pink one, but it's far too small to hold all our junk mail. I just keep watching for another one, just a little bigger!

Anonymous said...

I adore it! Actually, I downright covet it! (Is that rude? I hope not!) And your screen door is nice too. I've always wanted a old fashioned screen door. I have a basket (usually overflowing) where I put the mail that I am procrastinating on dealing with. That little mail box would be soooo cute to actually hang inside to stick ones mail! But than again...by the front door it greets you every day.

Little Blue Violet said...

Love it so much that I have the same one only mine is white! Hehehe...you know what they say about great minds.
miles of smiles,
Darly

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails