Sunday, February 7, 2010

Love Shower

Yesterday . . . a day filled with loving women, cold-weather food, a roaring fire, crafting, tears, darling and heartfelt gifts, and a glowing bride-to-be. Ali's shower was certainly one I didn't want to have end. I thank her and her mom, all her friends, for embracing my home. It was a day to celebrate Ali. And I think, no, I know, that Ali knows how much we all love her.

Many more pictures to come of the festivities. There were a number of cameras shooting, and so I'm counting on those images to populate a post to come. I'll post within the next day or two pix of the invitations. They set the theme. In the meantime, here is one piece from the many vignettes I created. I took one of the two ceramic female busts I have and made her a velvet hat complete with bird cage veil.

And at the end of the day . . . the mailbox balloons falling asleep near the dress form.

3 comments:

GardenOfDaisies said...

I love weddings and bridal showers! I can't wait to see all your pictures!

Christine said...

I'm looking forward to the pictures. You put on the best parties. I'm still talking about your Thanksgiving party, at work!

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Looking forward to seeing all the wonderful things that you have been up to! Have a great week! Jackie

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails