Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Ask yourself . . .

I came across the following sentence in one of those feel-good emails that was sent to me.

I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles four things:
a rainy day, the elderly, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.


It made me think about how frustrated I get with Gideon's big ol' wet paws on rainy days, tracking water and mud into the house. Shouldn't I just be glad that I have a warm body in my life who loves me unconditionally.

I've got to make more of an effort to send my grandmother fun things in the mail. She is about 45 minutes away in an assisted living home. Harleigh and I don't get out there that often (we see her whenever our family gets together), but she loves her mail, and getting something from us would be the next best thing to us landing on her doorstep. I will put together a post tonite.

I have never had lost luggage, but I very rarely pack important or irreplaceable things in my checked-in bags anyway. I would like to think that I'd be calm and, most importantly, not take it out on the person at the airline counter.

Tangled Christmas tree lights are something I haven't dealt with in years. When I weigh how much lights cost vs. the headache of untangling at a time when I want to be having fun, it's off to the store I go.

No comments:

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails