Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunday Evening at Chateau Gahan

This view of the study and part of our living room is typical on a Sunday evening. I'll be busy crafting at the table with NPR as my muse. The living room chair is now devoid of a slipcover; it's off to the upholsterer so that they can create a pattern and make a new one. The manufacturers of my living room suite, Mitchell Gold, was going to charge me over $800 for a slipcover for chair and ottoman. A little on the high side? I figured it was worth it to go to a mom-and-pop upholstery shop that my parents have used with much success. Will keep you posted on the outcome. In the meantime, the ottoman is naked and the chair will don an Early American blanket.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely space! Soo cozy! As I am slowly making our house a home, I aspire to making it as cozy as yours!

Sarah said...

So cozy! Is that the same paint color?
Sarah
http://vintagelily.typepad.com/my_weblog/

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails