Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Ali and Matt's Wedding


OH.
MY.
GOSH.

I'm still coming down from a high. The weekend was amazing. Ali was such an enchanting bride. The ceremony was touching and personal. The reception fun. We achieved the whimsical yet elegant feel we spent a year creating, in everything from the happy tear hankies to the fabric wreaths on the front doors. I took no pictures. Nothing could do it justice like what Ali's wedding photographer captured. Ali flew in Jill Thomas from California. Not only was Jill a total girlfriend (which made us feel like we had known her forever) but her photography is . . . well, look at her site.

In the meantime, here is the ONLY picture I snapped. The quilts were a huge success. All of the kids and a handful of adults chose to sit on quilts on the grass. At one point one of the winery dogs plopped down next to Harleigh and napped in the sun. It was all so magical. The weather was probably the most perfect I've ever experienced here in Georgia. Thank you, God, for delivering that little surprise!

Will share pictures as soon as Jill posts them!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Can't wait, because I do love a magical wedding :)

Christine said...

Show me a wedding and I'll show you tears!
(of happiness, of course!)

mom/ninny said...

What you helped Ali and Matt create will never leave our hearts and minds-thank you, thank you, thank you! My brother put it best, "It was a fairy tale wedding"....MOTB

Empty Nest Full Life said...

I can only imagine what awesome details that you put into this wedding! You are a treasure! Jackie

DTPfromATL said...

more photos! now!!
sorry to hear about your 'squito bites. miss you. love you.
p.s. when does H-bomb graduate?

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails