Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Seersucker Bridal Shower — A Blingy Beach Wedding

I hosted Sherry's bridal shower this weekend. A chance for all of the office girls to get together and celebrate the upcoming October nuptials of Sherry and Mario in St. Simons Island, Georgia. Sherry's wedding is beachy and blingy, a nod to Sherry's love of the beach (her parents live in St. Simons) and the fact that she's about as girly as you can get, loving the pretty, sparkly things.

Having decided early on to do a seersucker theme (see the invites here), I decorated using seersucker fabric along with silver, shells and jewels. (Her wedding invite has a silver shell on it).

The day before the shower I took off from work to get ready, 
making a stop at Trader Joe's for flowers, 2BuckChuck, and pink lemonade.


At the entrance to Chateau Gahan I put out my child-sized adirondack chair. 
I made two little pillows to decorate the chair (keepsakes for Sherry as well).


I kept my succulent wreath on the door and added a picture of Mario and Sherry (I printed a bunch of pictures out on the BW printer, glued them onto poster stock and cut them out with a white border; attached them to skewers so that I could put them into flower arrangements.)


Sherry's mom, BJ, brought two of her famous dishes — meatballs and mini-cupcakes. 
I had spray-painted silver shells and made picks for the meatballs. 
Utilized the blue and white seersucker fabric to make flags for the cupcakes.




I used the red and white seersucker to make a runner for the buffet, and bought white wooden letters 
(S for Sherry and M for Mario) which I decorated with silver-spray-painted shells and bling.



A simple round glass vase is dressed in seersucker with a ribbon "belt" and silver shell "buckle."


The white filagree metal bucket from IKEA became a vase on the coffee table, 
where I did a blue and white seerscucker runner.


I saw this fabric-lined shell on one of my new fave blogs junkaholique 
and knew just what I would make to nestle into a bowl of shells.



A vintage pocketbook became a perfect vase, especially when adorned with a seersucker bow.


I made Pink-Pull-Your-Panties-Down (yes, it's just fun to say), which is pink lemonade, 7-Up and a splash of vodka. Since Sherry is in what was once our print production department (and well versed in ink and paper color swatches), I made the drink label using a paint swatch strip, 
one appropriately with a pink shade called Blushing Bride.


And for the bouquet made from all the gift ribbons and bows I decided to opt out of the traditional paper plate base and create a paper cone.


What a fun shower to create! 




2 comments:

Meredith said...

LOVE all the details! So much thought and love went into this beautiful shower.

Motiur Video said...

Nice all post and share i like this ....
St. Simons Island Wedding Videos

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails