Tuesday, April 15, 2008

This is . . .

I got this idea from a new blog I just happened to read (thanks to Ally of Born to Read and Knit!). The idea is from Lucy Locket (who got the idea from three buttons). It is a way to post without much effort. The theme for the week was "This is . . . the contents of my handbag." (And if you go to the three buttons blog, she has listed all the blogs who are participating in "This is." Obviously I've just hit on the first one — the handbag one; there are loads more that they've tackled!)

I like a shallow purse because I detest digging. It is one of the few things that truly gets me irritated and close to cursing. This pocketbook is from Walmart (and yes, I do call it a pocketbook; what am I . . . 90?). I own one expensive leather bag (actually it's a knapsack) that I've used for years, but I have to dig. Enough said.

This Walmart pocketbook is shallow, a dark color so dirt won't show, and is waterproof. The compartments suit me too.

Here is Dawn E. Girl's pockee-book contents:

• my wallet
• my rather outdated phone (which I love and will hate to part with when it finally up and dies)
• a tape measure (for when I am flea-marketing furniture)
• a small spiral-bound notebook (I MUST write everything down)
NOTE: Whenever I buy a new notebook, I cover it with tacky-backed scrapbook paper. I've also covered the tape measure, which I believe had an advertisement on it for something or other.
• my daytimer . . . my life
• glasses
• hand sanitizer
• house and car keys
• keys to my church (I'm always working on a project there. I designed the decor for our children's wing and also worked on a part of our teen center. During that time I was given a "master key." You'd have thought Jesus himself handed it to me, I was so ecstatic. But come to find out, there are master keys, and then there are master master keys, and then, drumroll, the master master blaster keys. I'm sure I'll have to reach sainthood before moving to that level of key ownership. In the meantime, I'm quite happy to be able to enter the hallowed refuge any time I please.)
• makeup bag with lipstick, compact with mirror and tissue stash, nail clipper and a lovely little pill box from my friend Sacha.

No comments:

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails