Friday, June 3, 2011

Hometown Nazareth VBS — The Sanctuary


This year's theme was especially fun to do. People from both church and my workplace donated items that helped me create the feel of Biblical Nazareth. Pictures to come of the set that was built, and the costumes I sewed, as well as the wishing well that was donated by another church. But in the meantime, here is the sanctuary (and this just the altar area; I'll make sure I get pictures of the entry). The antique rabbit hutch is on loan from my favorite thrift store, Best Thrift, where Dan and Bobbie Sue always help me out come VBS time. (I've seen hutches like this made into rolling coffee tables, simply by attaching industrial wheels to the bottom.) One of the Crafty Ladies cut out and painted the sheep and roosters.






2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a beautiful church Dawn, and the Hometown Nazareth is beautiful :)

Meredith said...

So great! This is just the inspiration I needed to get started on our set. :) Can't wait to see more.

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails