Saturday, November 14, 2009

Prepping for the Feast

Our office Feast is this coming Tuesday which means that this weekend I have to finish all of the tablescape items and shop for what I'll be cooking. Have set up shop in the study (with my Christmas music going!).
The theme is Modern Pilgrim. I had high hopes for the fake snakeskin and silver buckle napkin rings, but they just didn't look good. So I'm OK with the napkin under the knife and spoon. I'm making hats for everyone - Indian headdresses, bonnets, and the standard men's Pilgrim hat – and in keeping with the modern idea, am using all paper with adornments out of scrapbook paper. Here are the headdresses:
And the bonnets don bright ribbon ties and paper flowers and leaves:
Only the men's hats to tackle. (and the cooking, and finishing spray painting the candlesticks, and cutting out the fake silver trays that will act as a table runner. Jeesh . . . a lot to do)

And here is my favorite little guy quite happy lying in paper.

2 comments:

Denise said...

What a fun idea! I can wait to see pics of the meal!

XXDenise

ali said...

i love that scrapbook paper!!! i want to be a modern pilgrim, who knew they were so fashionable?

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails