Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Bench Found Its Home


Yesterday's yard sale find now has a place in our garage. It had quite a layer of furniture polish on it which can, over time with buildup, leave the surface rather sticky. Such was the state of the seat on this bench and so I stripped off all of the buildup and gave it a good rubbing with tung oil. Plopped a pillow on it. Now Harleigh has a place to sit when she's putting on shoes. The basket underneath the bench is filled with SOME of her flipflops, a staple here in the South.

P.S. Cece and my sister asked if I would be painting the bench. Not sure. I sorta like the wood (maple?) and it certainly won't show dirt. Of course, on a whim who knows how it might look down the road.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On second thought...it looks just great the way it is. :) I am just coming out of a brief fixation with painting eeeeverything. (to my husbands dismay I might add!)

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails