Monday, January 7, 2008

Christmas 2007

This year, a first for us, we got a live tree. I will never go back to artificial again! Here is our kitchen den (or "ken" as we call it) with the tree. My friend, Courtney, made us beautiful white Moravian star ornaments (put on the tree after this picture was taken). And we also put candy canes on it. Very simple. Next year, because the tree is next to the kitchen, we might decorate the tree with cardboard gingerbread men (so that Gideon isn't tempted to eat them!) . . . a fun craft project I can start now.

The wreath is one I made using a huge grapevine wreath we had gotten as a gift. I glued Christmas picks and ornaments all over it. I love looking at all the detail.

This is my chair in the ken. I can sit here and gaze at my tree, which, by the way, is still up as of today's posting! We'll take it down next weekend.

This lovely and glittery box has a special place on my mantel every year. (Another gift from Courtney who knows me oh so well.)

And here is our little boy, Gideon, after getting into his stocking. Santa knew exactly what he'd want!

No comments:

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails