Friday, March 6, 2009

Andrea's Baby Shower


The shower yesterday was so fun. I have such a blast pulling an event like this together, it's almost a downer when it's over. Thank gosh for Molly's bridal shower coming up later this month!

I decided to use our office space for this shower and to do a breakfast. We always do a great job with breakfast fare, and this time Devon added a new staple to the buffet: Devon's I've-Died-And-Gone-To-Hevon Shrimp and Grits. I'm still imagining the taste! Doing something at the office AND including good grub is a great way to include the guys without making them feel all crawling with girl cooties.

I decorated using the baby clothesline that I've done for a couple other showers. Now, with the abundance of scrapbooking materials, making baby clothes out of paper is a way more fun crafting adventure than when I first did it ages ago using construction paper (and its rather limited color range). With the help of miniature clothespins, cotton twine, and a piece of bamboo, it makes for a festive adornment over the buffet table. Click on the pictures to see the detail: I glued snaps onto the onesie crotch and shoulder, used faux suede fringe on the cowgirl skirt and vest, employed lots of fabric trims and buttons as details, and even found fake fur for the winter coat.

We put balloons on some of the chairs (wasn't going to do balloons, but glad we did, 'cause it added a lot, especially with our extra-high ceilings). Courtney did our flower arrangements. We had a drink table set up with champagne flutes for mimosas, carafes filled with coffee, and bloody mary fixins. For the food table, I bought fabric and just folded and ironed the edges to make table runners.

Kyle brought in petit fours from a local bakery, complete with pink icing baby booties. They were as good to eat as they were to look at . . . like glazed donuts.

Baby Emily, Mommy Andrea, and Daddy Ken got lots of great gifts. I include Ken not just because he was at the shower, but because he got his own diaper bag (black and manly, of course). And the clothesline, "clothes," and pins went home with Andrea to use in the baby's room or to put in Baby Emily's baby book.

And most of this crafting was accomplished in my new Craft Room!!!!!!!

[Some photos courtesy of co-worker David Naugle!]






7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Am I the only one who thinks it's funny that there is a dog at a baby shower...in a chair...in your office?!

Love it. Everything is just perfect!

Bella Della said...

Everything is absolutely adorable and looks delish. Have a great weekend!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

SERIOUSLY... my word... HOW fun is THAT!

clever as ever & i know a total treat for them!

Denise said...

I love these ideas. My nephew and his girlfriend are having a baby in August. I am loving the breakfast/brunch idea and of cousre the clothesline. To die for!!

Have a great day, Denise

Empty Nest Full Life said...

What a great shower! All the decorations are wonderful, and the food looks great! You do an amazing job! Jackie

Elizabeth said...

That looks so adorable, great job. I love baby showers!!!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Dawn,
This is so cute! I'm going to keep this darling idea in mind when I have a baby shower in May. Thanks for sharing!
xo Lidy

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails