Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Nest

. . . and then I came home from the car dealership, four hours later than I had planned, and with yard work out the whowho to accomplish. One year for my birthday my dad got me one of those limb cutters. It is, without a doubt, one of the most fun yard implements out there. I go crazy twice a year, cutting down branches. The thing extends to like 30 feet, and the satisfaction I get from clearing large patches of my yard for the sun to kiss is cleansing and empowering. In the 90 degree heat I was sweating like crazy and cutting like a mad woman! Got it done before the skies opened and we had a thunder- and lightening-filled rain storm afternoon.

Here is a nest I found, one of four actually. But this one was in a branch that had to come down. I love that the mama or papa bird built this nest using a bit of found string. Did it come from my yard or did he/she carry it for a ways before coming back to Chateau Gahan to birth the babies?

1 comment:

Little Blue Violet said...

That is a beautiful nest....so lacey and frail looking.

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails