Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Dang Nab It

Back on June 3 I posted about my big plans for the slipcover for my living room chair and ottoman. Wanted gathers at the base of both chair and ottoman. Lots of girlie ruffles! Found out today, after my parents dropped the fabric off at the upholsterer (thanks for doing that!!!!), that the fabric is too heavy to do gathers. So I guess it's back to matching the old slipcover pattern. Well, looks like I'll have to gather something else. Here is the picture I took as inspiration, which I'm posting just to torture myself (photo courtesy of Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic: Treasure Hunting & Decorating Guide).FYI, the mirror that I'm adding shells to is coming along beautifully! Can't wait for the reveal! Harleigh liked the mirror before, but I think it looks great . . . but then again anything is fair game for me to encrust with shells.

5 comments:

Freckled Hen said...

You have been busy! Sorry about your chair, I hope it works out to your liking. Your posts are always so sweet...from the window box to the clubhouse. Your daughter is lucky to have you!

Liz Harrell said...

Aww... that's too bad. I hope you like it anyway. Slipcovers! That's an exciting prospect.

I got the run in an antique mall, the booth owner was selling out and marking everything half off.

Sarah said...

Darn that fabric! Love that ruffled chair. Too bad! I just bought some of her pink towels and shower curtain for my daughters room at Target.
Sarah
http://vintagelily.typepad.com/

Happygoth said...

The chair's a bummer, but now it's an outlet for further creativity! Hooray!

Also, I tagged you for a meme.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn! I'm just starting to resurface and can't wait to catch up with your blog and see what you have been up to. But for today I just wanted to pop in with a quick "Hello!" I was thinking of you as I was dusting the sea shells in my bathroom. :)

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails