Monday, October 20, 2008

Wickedly Wonderful Saturday Afternoon

I know I made this photo about as cheesy as you can get. But a picture of the tickets with a gift bow on top just about sums it up. Going to a Broadway show is a gift that I give to Harleigh every year. As much as the girl loves a good musical, she deserves to go see, up close and personal, the finest of musicals. Secondly, it makes for a great mother/daughter date (always followed by lots of good chat about what we saw, as well as lots of singing — in typical exaggerated Broadway style, I might add — as well as dancing and re-enactments of favorite scenes). Wicked was everything we had hoped it would be. Do see it if you get a chance.

8 comments:

Lorrie said...

What an awesome show! I saw it last year in Miami with my mom and one of my daughters and we all loved it. I thought the music was fabulous. So glad you had a good time!

Freckled Hen said...

I couldn't imagine a better time! The best part after a show is the singing and dancing. In my house this lasts as long as the kids can put up with me! Have a great week...

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Not many musicals coming to this little town, but sounds like the two of you had a great time. Jackie

Rachel said...

OH! OH! OH! I went to see Wicked on Friday night at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta. I was there for a conference...by myself. So, I thought I'd treat myself and buy a ticket. It was WONDERFUL! And everyone I know who has seen it thought it was great, too. Have you read the books? Believe it or not,they are even better than the play. I agree with you, though, the set and the music was fantastic!!!

Unknown said...

That sounds amazing! I've wanted to take my oldest daughter to New York for her 18th birthday next August, and hopefully I'll be able to.

Glad you had a wonderful time!

abeachcottage said...

hello dawn, what a lovely thing to do with your daughter, so glad you enjoyed the show, I love singing and dancing too!

sarah

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

It's coming to Atlanta and we'd love to see it, not sure we can swing though. Tickets are horribly expensive (that's the one thing I really miss about NYC - cheap seats to everything).

Manuela

Sarah said...

what a great tradition and what a great thing you have given her...to experience!
Sarah
Vintage Lily

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails