Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Birthday Gift Gone a Tad Awry

My co-worker and dear friend Courtney (aka "Missy G" or just "G") celebrated a birthday yesterday. I had decided to make her a decoupage plate (a project I've tackled numerous times with much success). Courtney got her Masters from Yale, her thesis done on the subject of color. So I decided to make her a plate using PMS chips (color chips from the Pantone Matching System), since it is a tool of the trade that we, in our industry, use almost every day. I used the actual chips, deciding not to cut off the chip number, and also hole-punched circles from chips.

All was going well until I sprayed the back of the plate. Usually I have no problem with the paint leaking underneath the paper, but in this case it did, big time. (And I even sprayed a clear coat of lacquer first.) I think I will still gift her with the plate, and we'll have a good laugh about my project-gone-awry.

4 comments:

K_Streams_Her_C said...

I would love to see this—and from the photo, it still looks great! See you tomorrow, Dawn G.

Empty Nest Full Life said...

From the photo you can't see the mistakes. Neat idea, and beautiful birthday gifts from Gretchen! How sweet she is. Jackie

Courtney said...

It is beautiful! I love it!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! -courtney

Melissa! said...

So smart! I love it!

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails