Thursday, October 23, 2008

An Award

Kate, over at My Messy Nest, crowned me with a Kreativ Blogger award. Thank you, Kate!

I have to list 6 things I value and 6 things I don't.

What do I value?
(Aside from God, family, friends and my dog, Gideon.)
1. The warmth and safety of my home. MY home.
2. My time alone.
3. Having a job. I complain as much as the next person about long hours, but the bottom line is that in this economy, I am blessed to have a well-paying job.
4. A sense of humor. Something my dad gifted me with. I thank him every day.
5. A love of creating beautiful (at least to me) things, whether it be craft projects, sewn items, home decor or even entertaining.
6. That I don't mind my long commute to and from work. It is my down time. A chance to listen to my favorite morning radio show (The Regular Guys, yes, I admit, The Regular Guys) and to NPR on the ride home. And since I'm a very easy-going driver, despite the congested traffic and aggressive drivers, I can make the ride quite relaxing.

What I don't value or don't like.
1. An overabundance of tears. That I cry about everything. Mostly happy tears. But it makes so many things difficult. I can't enjoy a lot of things because I fall apart. Any tips for how to keep the tears at bay?
2. When I see pet owners who walk their dogs without a poop bag. If you don't pick up your dog's stuff, especially when it's on someone's property, then the homeowner who gets the goods should have every right to walk onto your grass and take a poop. I feel rather strongly about this.
3. Being late. Me or anyone else.
4. Bad customer service. It is rampant these days. And the bottom line is that in most industries I have a ton of choices, so bad customer service will only force me to find a new source, one that treats me with respect.
5. Calling a business and getting the voice-activated menu. I miss the days when you called a company and got a person.
6. Out-of-control children. So many kids today are not raised with discipline, and it has created a generation of brats. I suppose it makes me take notice of the good kids even more than ever, wanting to compliment the parents (except that I'd start crying with emotion).

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the kind words, and Peteetong!

Larry Wachs/TRG Show

Unknown said...

If you get a good answer on the over abundance of tears and how to handle it....let me know, would you? (at least I'm in good company). And about the poop thing and the kid thing...AMEN sissy!

Miss you!! xoxoxo

abeachcottage said...

hi dawn, I could have written that myself

I have a real bee in my bonnet about badly behaved children, I am firm with my kids, they have boundaries and have turned out pretty well because of it, I get some idiot mother who's kid is a brat saying to me "you are so lucky to have 3 well behaved kids" grrrrrrrr, yeah sure sweetie it's all luck 3 times round!!! some of these kids these days cannot hear the word no and they rule their worlds, some of the friends of my six year old are horrors...

oh and the customer service thing, it is particularly bad in Australia, no-one cares less, they have the attitude like it or lump it, drives me insane

Sarah

p.s. of course well done for the award you truly are very creative, I love coming here to see what you've been up to

Lorrie said...

I really enjoyed learning more about you in this post. I am in such agreement with you about the phone calling menus--such a time consuming frustration!

I also agree about poorly behaved children. My husband and I spent so much time teaching our children manners and how to behave in different situations, and we often got the same comment that Sarah did--how lucky we were to have naturally good children. Oh brother!

Empty Nest Full Life said...

I enjoyed reading your list. There is a rule about picking up you dog's poop at my son's townhouse and it infuriates me every time Stella and I walk and there is still poop out there. And by the way it is good to shed those tears sometimes I don't think I shed enough. Have a wonderful day! Jackie

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails