Friday, October 31, 2008

Warm Fuzzy

Aren't there certain vignettes in your home that make you happy just to look at them? I captured one today in a picture. I've blogged many times about the passion and fortitude that I put into getting myself back on my feet after my divorce and finally buying a home. This vignette is a reminder of that rough journey paying off. The place where we drop off our keys at the end of the day, and pluck them up in the morning. Where my binoculars hang, so that I can grab them on a whim and sit on my patio and watch the birds. The keyholder itself is a picket fence, reminiscent of my backyard. This vignette speaks to me of constancy. And all it is is a few pieces of wood with hooks and a picture above it. And if that's all it takes to make me happy, then I'm in a pretty darn good place.

7 comments:

K_Streams_Her_C said...

It's beautiful, Dawn.

Lorrie said...

I really like the photo and your post Dawn. It's a small thing that symbolizes how you have set down roots and are flourishing. You are in a very good place indeed.

I loved your earlier swimming pool post. I also love the smell of chlorine and warm pool water. It harks back to my days as a child taking indoor swim lessons at my community pool in the winters and then later when I was a life guard at our indoor college pool. It brings back very good memories for me.

Liz Harrell said...

Happy Halloween!
Hugs,
Liz & Mabel

Empty Nest Full Life said...

I love your vignette and what it reminds you of. God is not going to give us more than we can handle. I keep telling myself that, and sounds like you are off to a wonderful start enjoying your days off. Jackie

Unknown said...

It's truly amazing the things that bring us peace and contentment...I think I've said before, but my new "word" for the second half of my life is 'peace'....and it's SO coming to pass....

So very happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great to have those little reminders of where you were and how far you've come? It makes you thankful for each day.

Gretchen

Little Blue Violet said...

Its wonderful Dawn and what a great feeling to look back a little ways and see how far youve come on this challenging journey. Been there myself and even though Ive had a few set backs..overall...things just keep getting better. Never thought I could do so well on my own.
smiles
DarLy*~

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails