Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Curtains Are Done!

What a fun project! Started at Ace Hardware (who doesn't love a man in a red vest) and ended with curtains that make my room feel like a posh hotel suite. First of all, this was a no-sew project so anyone can do it. All you need is fusible tape and your imagination. See my post back on September 28 for some more background on the project.

And go back even further to see the room I began with. A bedroom lacking in natural light and in desperate need of some warmth. A shoestring budget.

I told Harleigh this evening as I hung the last rod, "I feel all grown up now!" Who knew that curtains could add so much to the room. And I put my heart and soul into these which makes what hangs from the curtain rods so much more than dropcloths.

I'll take more pix during the daylight, but in the meantime, here's where I netted out this evening. Stick a fork in it . . . it's done!

12 comments:

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Your curtains look great. Your chair there looks like a cozy and inviting spot to curl up with a good book. Hope you had a great weekend. Jackie

Katie said...

Your room is GORGEOUS! It looks so relaxing and like a boutique hotel room! Love it.

Tiffany said...

I knew these were going to be fabulous, I just didn't know they were going to be this fabulous! Great job.

DTPfromATL said...

super chic :)

Elizabeth said...

Great job Dawn, they really do look like they belong in a posh hotel!!

abeachcottage said...

hi dawn

what a great result, they really look nice, I'm not sure if I've got the patience for that project but ya did good girl!!

Sarah

Anonymous said...

Dawn,

Those curtains turned out really well. I'm not so good at stenciling (hands shake too much) but they just look perfect. Nice job!

Gretchen

Unknown said...

shut UP! I am so coming over to look at these.

The Garcias said...

I love the color of the paint on your walls! You may have mentioned it elsewhere, but can you list it here too? I'm in the market for a soothing tone for our bedroom walls.

Jen said...

Oh my gosh, they're amazing! What a lovely, cosy room.

Sarah said...

These are great. I'm gonna have to go back and read the other post. I'm a little behind on your blog. love the stenciling and your right....brings so much warmth in your little haven of rest!
Sarah
Vintage Lily

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

They look just beautiful in your room! Curtains really add something to a room!

Manuela

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails