Saturday, October 11, 2008

Mouse Trap

Last night at around 10:00 the phone rang. The name of the caller in the caller ID window didn't ring a bell at all, but I answered anyway. It was Frances, the lady who sold me the vintage owl lamp and the Christmas napkins. I suppose she had saved my name and phone number (they had been on the check I wrote out for the purchase). Anyways, she said that she was thinking of me because a neighbor was having a yard sale that she was piggybacking onto, and she had some vintage linens that she knew I would love. She asked if I could stop by; she wanted to give them to me. So I stopped by this morning and lo and behold, she handed me a sweet little stack of linens, mostly white. We chatted and hugged goodbye. I love making friends that way, by happenstance. And her generosity and kind heart make me believe in the genuine goodness of mankind.

The lady who was hosting the yard sale had piles and piles of board games. Most had to do with televisions shows. There was The Partridge Family, Welcome Back Kotter, All in the Family, The Waltons, The Dukes of Hazzard, Fantasy Island. I wish I had had my camera to take a picture of them all. There must have been 40 different games. For serious vintage-TV-series buffs, it would have been a gold mine. I found this Mouse Trap game in an unopened box and at $2.00 just had to bring it home. I set it up and fondly remembered that the best part of the game was setting it up.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

That was my very favorite board game as a kid!! All my friends had it,but my mom never did get us one. When my girls were old enough, I bought them one,and they now have very funny and fond memories of playing that game. Another one I loved was Operation.

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails