Sunday, October 26, 2008

Halloween Decorating




Don't do too terribly much to decorate for Halloween. I added Iris the scarecrow to the mix this year. And gotta have pumpkins and hay bales. The first picture is of a trusty spider web that I've put up every year since Harleigh was little. Look at how the light shines through it and leaves the web's shadow on a cabinet door. The black birds that I picked up at the Dollar Store have alighted on my mantle and keep a look out over the living room. The owl night light is a find from my parents' church Fall Festival, and is at home guarding the fireplace any time of the year.

6 comments:

K_Streams_Her_C said...

Those birds are a lovely, subtle touch of Halloween spirit.

Little Blue Violet said...

Love the spider web in the window...of course the owl is my fav! Il be posting photos and blogging about my newest addition to my owl collection (thanks to a sweet blogging friend)
smiles
DarLy*~

Bella Della said...

I love the shadow on your cabinets from the web. And I have to say your costume below is amazing! Amazing!

JGH said...

Do the crows mean that the scarecrow isn't working ;-) ?

who cares - they are supposed to be good luck and they are halloweeney too.

Lorrie said...

I love your decor. It all compliments the colors of your house so well. How fun that you've had the spider web for so many years. I love the seasonal decorations I have that my kids look for year after year, even now that they're older. I guess it's because I just love family traditions so much.

Blogger said...

I love where you put your Big Lots spider and web! I will have to copy that next year, too late now! lol The place I have it...you can't really appreciate its charm, lol ;)

Bella

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails