Friday, November 14, 2008

Evenings Lately . . .

. . . have been working on designing four Advent banners for the children at church to create out of felt. So I've been nestled in my chair in the ken, with my trusty colored pencils (neatly tucked into a flocked Kleenex box — with the lid cut off. I blogged about how much I love these boxes, and have made sure to repurpose them around the house to hold things.)

This is the sweet face that watches me work, who patiently waits for me to finish so that we can migrate to the living room where I turn on TV to watch the news, sit down in my big comfy chair with the ottoman pulled up close, so that he can snuggle with his head resting on my thigh, and fall asleep. I rub his head and croon "what a good boy," and the busy, hectic day ends in peace.

2 comments:

karen said...

Gideon is soooo cute!
Karen

Marisa said...

Hi Dawn, i have been reading your posts for some time now but have never been able to leave a comment, today i have finaly got my act together. I love your post, and look forward to what you have to say and have a nosey at your home. I may ask you though, i love the shelf in your sitting room with all the chairs, perhaps you could take a close up picture, just to keep me happy. And i love how you have gotten into the Christmas spirit. Today i had Christmas songs on and festive scent in my burner while i wrote out Christmas cards, the kids thought i was a bit cracked but what's new there!!! Have a good week.

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails