Saturday, November 15, 2008

Cleaning and Christmas Music

Today was my big day to do housecleaning. Having a big hairy dog brings housework to a whole new level . . . sort of a mini home renovation every time I go to clean. It took me 4 hours and all I got to was the living room, foyer and study. But I did make a big pot of homemade soup and get lots of laundry done while cleaning. Not to mention that the Christmas CDs came out of the attic and the stereo was crankin' holiday cheer all day while I dusted and sang in my doo rag.

Gideon was off to the groomer today for a bath and trim. And Harleigh was gone all day helping a girlfriend get ready for her birthday party this evening . . . an outdoor, bonfire shindig, perfect for this crisp Fall evening. So I had the house all to myself.

I moved my found bird nest to a wash bowl on my coffee table.

I had bought this Old English Sheepdog ceramic statue at Goodwill way before we got Gideon. He's sorta been hidden away. So I brought him out, dusted him off, and now he sits next to the sofa. I've seen this exact ceramic dog in Becky's apartment on Full House before she marries Jesse. Fun, eh?

I fluffed up the blankets in our living room basket blanket. (For the life of me I can't figure out why my sister didn't want this basket anymore and gave it to me. Where the heck do you find baskets this big???)

And here is what I accomplished today . . . a clean dog and a clean, well, 30% of the house.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I've said it so many times, but I will say it again. I love your home. :)

Laura said...

I ADORE how 'right out of an old movie' your house is! So pretty!

Anonymous said...

I love your bird nest with the eggs in that big bowl. You have such a cozy, happy looking home.

Gretchen

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails