Tuesday, November 18, 2008

This Evening

I stayed home from work today, a little punkish and definitely feeling the results of getting up at 4:30 four days out of the work week. Decided to rest today, what with all the festivities coming up at work . . . The Feast this Thursday, and then the cookie swap and gift exchange both following not too far behind. I've got to be on my game. I ended the evening with a roaring fire, a sleepy dog and a chair in the study with my name on it. Christmas music playing and paperwork to catch up on. I'll be good to go tomorrow.

10 comments:

abeachcottage said...

oooh Dawn, it looks lovely, I can just imagine it all, apart from the paper work I would love to join you...you know I miss the real cold Holidays, it's warm here in Australia, it's taking some getting used to...

love the room, it just looks so cosy and inviting, I always think it's hard to get that look spot on, you did it though!

Sarah

Lorrie said...

Hi Dawn, your room looks so cozy and inviting--what a great picture. Hope you're back up to speed today!

DTPfromATL said...

love your bookshelves :)

Freckled Hen said...

Sending you an e-hug. Hope your quiet day was enough to boost you through your busy week. Your home looks lovely, makes me want to pick up the Mr Potato Head pieces I keep stepping on. Thanks for the green light on the Christmas music, I have been anxiously waiting to pop in that first CD!

Tiffany said...

I hope you got tons of rest and are feeling renewed today.

Bella Della said...

Seeing your home makes me take a nice deep breath. Beautiful and cozy and wonderful. I took last Friday to rest and relax like that. The cold weather here makes me want to do it every single day instead of heading to work.

Unknown said...

What a relaxing room! I'm so envious...mine is full of clean, unfolded laundry...ahhhhh......

Unknown said...

cozy!
Sarah
Vintage Lily

Liz Harrell said...

Oh wow. I just sighed and sank into my chair after looking at that picture. You have SUCH a gorgeous home.

So glad you took a rest!

Laura said...

That picture alone FEEL so relaxing and cozy - *happy sigh*

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails