Tuesday, November 18, 2008

This Evening

I stayed home from work today, a little punkish and definitely feeling the results of getting up at 4:30 four days out of the work week. Decided to rest today, what with all the festivities coming up at work . . . The Feast this Thursday, and then the cookie swap and gift exchange both following not too far behind. I've got to be on my game. I ended the evening with a roaring fire, a sleepy dog and a chair in the study with my name on it. Christmas music playing and paperwork to catch up on. I'll be good to go tomorrow.

10 comments:

abeachcottage said...

oooh Dawn, it looks lovely, I can just imagine it all, apart from the paper work I would love to join you...you know I miss the real cold Holidays, it's warm here in Australia, it's taking some getting used to...

love the room, it just looks so cosy and inviting, I always think it's hard to get that look spot on, you did it though!

Sarah

Lorrie said...

Hi Dawn, your room looks so cozy and inviting--what a great picture. Hope you're back up to speed today!

devon said...

love your bookshelves :)

Freckled Hen said...

Sending you an e-hug. Hope your quiet day was enough to boost you through your busy week. Your home looks lovely, makes me want to pick up the Mr Potato Head pieces I keep stepping on. Thanks for the green light on the Christmas music, I have been anxiously waiting to pop in that first CD!

Songbirdtiff said...

I hope you got tons of rest and are feeling renewed today.

belladella said...

Seeing your home makes me take a nice deep breath. Beautiful and cozy and wonderful. I took last Friday to rest and relax like that. The cold weather here makes me want to do it every single day instead of heading to work.

Sidney (Sixy Mama) said...

What a relaxing room! I'm so envious...mine is full of clean, unfolded laundry...ahhhhh......

Wes said...

cozy!
Sarah
Vintage Lily

Liz said...

Oh wow. I just sighed and sank into my chair after looking at that picture. You have SUCH a gorgeous home.

So glad you took a rest!

Laura said...

That picture alone FEEL so relaxing and cozy - *happy sigh*

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails