Saturday, November 15, 2008

I Love Lucy

Anyone who knows me well knows that I adore Lucille Ball and the I Love Lucy show. Back in the early days when I was furnishing my "home" (at the time a modest apartment), I was drawn to any piece of vintage furniture that would have lived happily in Lucy's country house in Westport Connecticut. I found this maple cart and knew I had to have it; I'm sure that Betty Ramsey would approve. I now use it as a sofa table behind my living room sofa. And I'm sure it will have many other uses in years to come.

4 comments:

Empty Nest Full Life said...

You have been busy. I had to have some major cleaning going on this week, and could still use a little more. I saw some huge baskets at an estate sale today, now your big basket of blankets makes me wish I had bought one. Have a wonderful remainder of the weekend. Jackie

ali said...

That's a beautifully composed & cropped shot, btw.

Freckled Hen said...

Betty Ramsey indeed! I love the episode when she and Lucy go furniture shopping and Lucy spends way too much. That tea cart would most definitely have been in that store and I'm certain Lucy would have bought it! I hope you are well!

Sarah said...

love the little cart. love the coo-coo clock too! I'm dying to find one and paint it a fun color!
sarah
Vintage lily

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails