Saturday, November 1, 2008

Here's me . . .

Borrowed this meme from Sidney over at Sidz6Kidz. Sidney is a new blog friend and I'm coming to think we have way more in common with each passing day.

A is for age: 48.

B is for burger of choice: beef or turkey, with swiss cheese, light on the mayo, sesame seed bun.

C is for the car I drive: 2002 Honda CRV, deep metallic red.

D is for your dog's name: Gideon. You can read about how we came up with his name here.

E is for essential item you use every day: My mouth guard. I'm a big-time nighttime teeth grinder and wouldn't be caught any night without it. Otherwise I'd wake up with teeth the size of mini corn kernels and a killer headache.

F is for favorite TV show at the moment: Lipstick Jungle. I'm mesmerized by the sheer physical perfection of these women. If I could have a pinky finger as perfectly maintaned as one of them, I'd take it.

G is for favorite game: At the moment it's high school football, and all the senses that go with it: the sound of the high school band playing fight songs, the smell of hot dogs and popcorn, the taste of victory!

H is for home state: Maryland where I was born (my true home state). I'm a Balmer (translate: Baltimore) girl at heart. Georgia for where I currently call home.

I is for instruments you play: None. Wish I played the piano 'cause I would so turn any party into a sing-along.

J is for favorite juice: Grapefruit.

K is for whose bum you'd like to kick: Always my own for making some of the STUPID choices I did in my twenties.

L is for last restaurant at which you ate: Los Arcos yesterday when I picked Harleigh up from school and we decided on an early dinner out to gab and catch up on the day.

M is for your favorite Muppet: Kermit.

N is for number of piercings: Two, my earlobes. And since I never wear earrings anymore, I'm not even sure if they've grown over or not.

O is for overnight hospital stays: Tonsillectomy as a child and then when I had Harleigh.

P is for people you were with today: Since I'm doing this on Saturday morning, just me and my little man (not truly a person, but I did talk to him a lot this morning as if he were one).

Q is for what you do with your quiet time: Craft, daydream, read magazines, blog.

R is for biggest regret: Not pursuing some of my life's early passions which would have led me to a career that would make me really happy every day. I have a decent job, but let's face it, trafficking collateral projects for corporate clients isn't archaeology, interior design, or editing my very own magazine.

S is for status: Divorced and happy being me.

T is for time you woke up today: 8:00. Want to be at church by 10:00 for our annual craft fair!

U is for what you consider unique about yourself: I suppose it would be the care and attention I put towards others and other things, but the lack of attention and care I pay to myself physically. I just really don't care about clothes at all. Hair, whatever. Makeup, wear it but not a ton. My weight, it is what it is. Love me on the inside, that's where all the good stuff is.

V is for vegetable you love: Corn on the cob.

W is for worst habit: Chewing and picking the skin around my thumb nails. It's gross.

X is for x-rays you've had: Too many mammograms to count. My teeth for my annual check-up.

Y is for yummy food you ate today: Scrambled eggs.

Z is for zodiac: Virgo.

5 comments:

Lorrie said...

Hi Dawn, It was fun learning more about you from this neat post. We have a CRV too--love it! Thanks for sharing all that info. Enjoy your long weekend!

Unknown said...

How very fun and informative! You and I do have much in common...particularly contentment & peace!

abeachcottage said...

Hi Dawn

I enjoyed reading through those, it's nice to get to know about the people you read isn't it...well it made me laugh that you like corn on the cob the best, me too, and I lurve scrambled eggs, in fact this week I had corn on the cob with about and pound of butter on for lunch one day and the other days scrambled eggs!

Sarah

Elizabeth said...

That was fun to read, I still laugh at the thumb picking :)

Anonymous said...

What a great idea and I learned so much about you. I wore a mouth guard for about twenty years until I had my titanium jaw put in. They are so attractive but incredibly helpful.

Gretchen

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails