Sunday, November 30, 2008

Decorating for Christmas!

We got our tree on Friday and got it set up and decorated today. Since it's in the ken (kitchen den), the decorations are minimal in keeping with the small space: white lights, Moravian stars, clip-on lanterns, and candy canes. I have my giant wreath hanging in the window. It's a grapevine wreath covered in vintage ornaments and cheap hobby store picks. Each year I add to it. I love looking at it; every inch of it holds a surprise.
This year we went with a live wreath on the front door, adorned with a simple bow.
A pair of small, girl's skates are draped over the back of a chair.
My all-time favorite Christmas movie is White Christmas. Last year I got this 11x17" poster as a Christmas gift and framed it this year in a simple white frame which I decorated with a red and white glittery rope.
And dear boy Gideon got a Tiffany blue neck scarf for the Christmas season.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have those clip on lanterns too. love them. i also adore your wreath thats hanging in front of the window!!! everything is so pretty and your dog is precious too! thank you soo much for sharing!

Tiffany said...

Beautiful as always, Dawn.

Katie said...

love love LOVE the wreath!

abeachcottage said...

Hi Dawn, sigh what lovely inspiration here, I've said this year I am going for very simple decs, don't you think that's a hard look to get right though? you've succeeded! I absolutely love the big wreath, I would really like to find one like that, I am having enough trouble finding a small one..

Sarah

p.s. I hope you enjoyed Thanksgiving, sorry I didn't get round to coming over and wishing you some blessings

Sarah said...

I saw a pair of vintage ice skates last year for $20 and I himmed-and-hawed whether I should've gotten them. AND OF COURSE...I've regretted it ever since. Pretty decorations and I love the fresh-real wreath!
Sarah
Vintage Lily

Anonymous said...

Your house is looking all cute and Christmasy. I love the wreath that you keep adding too. That is such a great idea.

I'm slowly decorating and I'll probably slowly show my progress because it's such a busy month.

I can't believe you wrote about "White Christmas". My other favorite is "Holiday Inn". I usually cry watching both of them.

Gretchen

Empty Nest Full Life said...

You are looking so cozy and Christmasy! And Gideon looks quite the sport! Have a wonderful week! Jackie

Vandoren Academy said...

Looks great! I especially like your wreath and the adorable drawer knobs on your dresser! Happy Holidays Dawn!

Elizabeth said...

Oh man I'm so behind! I will get my tree this weekend,but I see a lot of bloggers already have their stuff up.!! Nice decorations :)

Denise said...

Just wanted to say that I have been reading your blog for a while and really enjoy it! I think your tree looks beautiful and I love the wreath in the window!

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails