Sunday, July 27, 2008

My Slipcovers Are Here! My Slipcovers Are Here!

After a very long time, I finally got my new slipcovers. I had given the upholsterers the old slipcovers to use to make the pattern, and then supplied them with the fabric I got on sale. I've been treating everything with Scotchgard this afternoon, and then dog and child can slump and sleep all over chair and ottoman! I'm glad that I went with the off-white neutral fabric vs. a floral, or even a color. I only wish that the fabric had been a little lighter in weight so that the guys could have made a ruffle around the bottom of both the chair and ottoman, but I think in the long run I'll be happy that I went with a heavier fabric just for durability reasons.

I just noticed that the fern on the buffet looks better too!

10 comments:

Mippie said...

Oh Dawn! Your slipcover is lovely!!! More photos, please!!! I just got a new slipcover for my sofa this week and never considered scotchgard! Thank you for the great tip--we really live on our furniture but funny, I still want it to look nice! xo-Mel

Anonymous said...

Your new slipcover looks great! The chair and ottoman look like the perfect spot to read in.

Gretchen

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Great looks like a great spot to curl up in on a rainy day. Remember those rainy days in Georgia?

Moiface said...

Very nice! The fern is happy that it doesn't have to compete with the floral pattern on the chair anymore :o).

Katie said...

Nice! I love the white slipcovers in our front room. Nothing a little bleach cant fix!

Liz Harrell said...

Wow! I LOVE the slipcover(s). They're perfect for your house, it's a brand new chair!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

I was drawn to your site by your profile. "the most content person you will ever meet" is someone who I definitely want to know. That is a character quality that runs deep....
love the slip covers.

Laura said...

I love slipcovers!!

trish said...

I am coming over from Jen's blog (Balancing Beauty & Bedlam). When I read that your dog's name is Gideon...I was hooked! I look so forward to reading your whole blog and getting to know you better. :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Blogger said...

They look so beachy and comfy!

I have 2 chairs in my basement just waiting to be re-done.

It must feel great to have that done :)

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails