Saturday, July 12, 2008

Curb Appeal

I've had this wooden house purse for quite a while. It "houses" my collection of watches. I've always thought it needed some dressing up. All the windows have a slot at the top to slide pictures down into; when I got the purse it had someone's children's school pix in all the windows. I decided that giving this little cottage some curb appeal, using only things I have at home in my craft supplies, would be a fun project. It was perfect for this week when, coming home exhausted but still having some energy, I could tinker for a half hour or so before getting ready for bed.

The roses climbing up and over the front door, as is the ladybug, are not proportionate, but who cares. The little cat on the roof was a find from a while back. Reindeer moss is something I keep handy all the time; it's great filler in all kinds of craft projects and here it works well as shrubs. I decided to focus on just the front of the house and leave the other sides as is. Here are the before and after.



4 comments:

Tiffany said...

That purse is way too cute!

Katie said...

So cute!!!!

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

That purse is gorgeous. How sweet! I really love it. What a keeper!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I LOOOOOVE what you did with this little purse! You are so clever! Hugs, Patti

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails