Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Can't Part With It

I purchased this tin utility shelf at a flea market years ago. I've never really had a place for it; I think at one point it was hanging in the garage. Well on Sunday Harleigh cleaned out the garage to make room for two cars. We shuffled through my humongous yard sale pile and turned that into 3 trips to the Goodwill, a pile to take to the consignment shop (maybe make a few bucks for gas money?!?), plain ol' trash, and a small grouping of items that upon careful consideration I just can't part with. This is one of them. It's not tole but the decal reminds me of tole painting. I'm really torn with what to do with it. (I just discovered by hunting around online that the four hooks on the top of the backsplash are for holding a rolling pin; but why four and not just two?)

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I think this would be very pretty hanging over a kitchen sink holding sink stuff, or with tiny pots of herbs. It's really cute, I can see why you couldn't part with it.

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Could you use the shelf anywhere in your laudry room or to hold craft supplies, maybe with old jars on the shelf.

Heidi Ann said...

I can certainly see why you can't part with it! It's adorable - I love vintage painted metal stuff- especially when it's useful1 It looks like it belongs near your orange cabinet. They remind me of my Ransburg canisters that I love.

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails