Friday, May 9, 2008

Sophomore Year Coming to an End

Only two weeks left of school. Harleigh has been lucky to not have had to ride the bus since a senior friend of hers who lives a few neighborhoods away has her own car and drives to school. They've been enjoying riding to and from school together, stopping every morning for breakfast. But seniors have their last day today and so Harleigh has to not only say hello to riding the bus for the next two weeks, but she has to say goodbye to a dear friend. She got Elise a gas card and these happy sunflowers as a thank you. (Thanks to Manuela of The Feathered Nest for introducing me to the flower shop at Kroger, where all throughout the week flowers are marked down in price. These sunflowers were only $5.99; at this price I should have gotten a bunch for me!)

Not sure if I mentioned, but Harleigh got the summer job she interviewed for! Over 70 kids interviewed for 20 spots, so while I was sure she would get it, she was sweatin' it a little. I'm so proud of her. What a great kid I got.

No comments:

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails