Saturday, May 3, 2008

New Bedroom Lamp

Reading in bed can be a real challenge. You want great light but you don't want to sacrifice pretty lamps to get it. I've been looking for a bigger nightstand lamp that casts better light. My other lamp was sweet but just didn't cut it. Today, while out looking for a chest of drawers for Harleigh's room, I came across this lamp and fell in love with it. It's the Chris Madden Shenzhen lamp and is discontinued. It's a $300 lamp that was on sale for $99 and the sweet gal at the checkout gave me a 20% discount (from a newspaper flyer that I had no clue about but she pretended that I did and pulled one from under the counter to scan; gotta love retail help with a heart).The first thing Harleigh said when she saw it was "I think it's too big for the table" to which I responded, "but I really love it so who cares." It's a beautiful, serene shade of seaglass blue and it has a crackled finish. The accents are silver, which clash with the gold accents in the room, but . . . then I remember my favorite spread in this month's Country Living, where the homeowner mixes gold and silver, and I think that what I've done is just fine.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hey,thanks for stopping by. I really can't say enough good things about the Nespresso. Some people don't like the fact that you have to order the pods on line. The reason that they do this, is so the coffee is at it's freshest and not sitting around a retail store. Once you set up your account,they are so swift in getting your coffee to you and if there ever is a problem,they go over board trying to help you with your order.
I love the lamp and the color!! I always have lamps that might not be the right size and I never care as long as I love the lamp.
I always giggle to myself knowing there is someone out there with the thumb deal,and I'm not alone :)

Anonymous said...

I think it looks great! I agree it's hard to find a lamp for a bedside table that illuminates enough and looks good! This one looks like it does both!

Manuela

Sarah said...

Love you bedside lamps. I have the almost exact same bedside lamps..just a different shade and not the silver base. Mine are from Robert Abby/Crate & Barrel. I have to ask..what is that pretty paint color on the wall. Do share!
Sarah
http://vintagelily.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Knitty, Vintage and Rosy said...

Dawn:

I just arrived on your blog for the first time and I love your philosphy with the lamp, you love it so who cares. My mantra as well.

Lovely home and blog.

Lisa
Knitty, Vintage and Rosy


PS
I have added you to my bloglines, I hope you don't mind.

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails