Friday, May 16, 2008

Dawn Who?

OK, this is just not what I intended. When you get the blog bug, you want to post every day, you want to read others' every day. And then when you get so inundated at work and can't, it really sucks. I have been slammed at work, with no time for even doing anything personal at lunch. Getting home at 8:00 where I have a daughter (and a dog) who, rightly so, get my attention, albeit rather tired and borderline cranky attention. Of course, my reading has even suffered and that ticks me off that I can't get this book finished and want to so badly. All in all, I hope work lets up a bit, although next week looks like it might be worse than this week in terms of staying late. So I am so sorry. I know what it's like to go to some of my favorite blogs and read and see the same post for days on end. It's just disappointing. I promise to kick it up a notch this weekend and try to make up for this lameness.

In the meantime, here is a picture of one of my favorite floral paintings in the house. This is one my world-traveling friend, Lisa, brought me back from Russia. I'll take some pictures this weekend of some other floral paintings I have, all of them dear to me and with such fond memories attached to them. (All that work stress just lifted off my shoulders as I typed something other than work-related emails, project calendars and all that other icky stuff that ties me to the computer at the office!)
Love,
Dawn

2 comments:

Katie said...

Dawn, no worries....we will all be here and awaiting your return. Also, the painting is so pretty! I love unique souvenirs!

Unknown said...

So I just got home from work (yes, it's Saturday) all geared up to clean and realized I was exhausted and needed some down time. So, having a cup of coffee and checking in on your blog, which I also haven't had a chance to go to for about two weeks for the SAME reasons. Really gotta schedule that sabbatical. Will you hate me if I truly leave for a month? Or at least 3 weeks? I think I need to read that book, too. Madison and her friends have read them all and can't wait for the movie.

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails