Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Blog or Read?

This is sorta like the big question of the day when you're on vacation on the coast . . . "beach or pool?" It's not a weighty decision but a fun one, and either way you win.

The past few evenings I've had my head buried in this book. It's been passed around amongst my daughter and her group of friends. When Harleigh was finished I got the "Mom, you HAVE to read this book." I'd seen it on a few blogs, referenced as a good read, and so I decided to give it a shot. The series is actually geared towards teens, but I find nothing "teen" about it except that the main characters are in high school. Would highly recommend. And, yes, the blogging, both posting and reading, has taken a back seat to coming home and jumping into this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and your taste in books. I will never forget the day that my little girls babysitter introduced me to "Edward". I have been smitten ever since. I am working on the second one in the series now. I think it's funny that grown women are as into this book as their teen daughters. SH-SH-SH Don't tell anyone!It's my dirty little secret!

Liz Harrell said...

Hee Hee... these books took over all our lives I think. :) Now that the movie is coming out in December, I keep checking MTV.com like a big dork for movie clips. :)

ali said...

My copy arrives from Amazon on Friday... I am eagerly awaiting the delivery (and looking forward to BACKING AWAY FROM THE LAPTOP)! ;)

Ally Jay said...

I am off to look it up on Amazon. Cover looks very intriquing even though I know you shouldn't judge by it.

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails