Saturday, May 19, 2012

So this is what a Saturday should feel like!



Despite the fact that I had to get up at 7AM to be at the Honda place by 8AM to have some recall of headlights fixed (oh, and they told me I needed timing belt, water pump, blah, blah, blah, to the tune of $1,500 — I left with the list of "needs" in hand and will deal with later; today, after all, is going to be a real Saturday), the day was perfect. After Harleigh and I did grocery shopping and found a dress for her for an upcoming wedding, we came home to do nothing but hang out. Solitaire on our iPhones (don't even get me started how much of an addict I've become with this newly added app), me reading The Hunger Games, her onto the second book in the series, cooking (I made poppy seed chicken and a new recipe for chicken manicotti), and lots of Gideon snuggle time. Kasey came back from camp training and I fixed him dinner (thumbs up on both recipes), the two headed to Stone Mountain for fireworks with his family and church youth group, and me . . . working on some last-minute things for Madison's graduation party tomorrow (a co-worker's daughter graduation from high school, and I'm helping with the set-up and shooting for the photo booth).



Yesterday, I took Laura to Hall's Wholesale Florist, where I have a membership. She was doing a wedding bouquet for her best friend's wedding today. Gosh, I love that place; the customer service makes me giddy. I helped her make the bridal bouquet, two corsages, and two boutonnieres. Laura's choice of flowers was dreamy. And I brought a wealth of ribbon and baubles to decorate the stems. Florists must be the happiest people on earth.

No comments:

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails