Sunday, September 14, 2008

Voice on an angel

This morning Harleigh was a guest soloist at a small Baptist church where her voice teacher is the music director. When she sings, I have to look away. Being the crier that I am, it moves me to no end that my daughter can get up in front of people and sing with such passion and so beautifully. The song she did is Hallelujah (she sang the Kate Voegele version found here on You Tube). She sang to piano accompaniment instead of guitar, but it was breathtaking nonetheless.

For Christmas at our church she will be singing a solo of the Amy Grant song Breath of Heaven. Tentative plans are for the church to start off dark and then for a light to shine on Harleigh dressed as Mary as she sings this. If this is the case, then you'll find me curled in the fetal position underneath the pew, with a box of kleenex close at hand and a stick to bite down on to keep me from sobbing out loud like an idiot.

5 comments:

Little Blue Violet said...

LOLOLOL! Ince post Dawn.It is sooooo difficult to be a mom when it comes to hiding ones emotions. Sometimes when I am alone and just thinking of what a wonderful adult my son has grown into I just start to weep. Love just over comes me.
smiles
DarLy*~

Empty Nest Full Life said...

I would have cried too! I bet it was beautiful, and I know you are one proud Mom. I think one of the hardest things is watching them grow into young adults,and those are the moments that is so real. You are blessed. Have a wonderful week! Jackie

abeachcottage said...

oh I cry at everything related to the kids, sports days, carnivals the lot...you know I don't think I could make it through if one of them was singing like that, so you are much better than me! how amazing that she has a gift like that, I would love to have had that gift...

Sarah

Empty Nest Full Life said...

I've tagged you. Jackie

Anonymous said...

You must be so proud of Harleigh and what a great ability to stand up and sing in front of all those people. I'm too embarrassed to even sing in the shower.

I might as well warn you that the older they get and you get you'll be crying even more. But that's good crying!

Gretchen

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails