Monday, September 22, 2008

6 Random Things

Jackie, over at Empty Nest Full Life, tagged me for this fun meme. I've done this one before, but it never stops me from playing again! I can ALWAYS come up with random things about myself.

1. I can't stand small paper clips. Detest them, actually. I only use the big ones. At home and at work. If I get something with a small paper clip, it comes off and is replaced with a big one. I'm a freak.

2. I can't get gray hair fast enough. I started getting gray hairs about 9 months ago and you'd have thought I won the lottery. I adore gray, especially pretty gray. I have no plans on coloring it and only hope that it comes in quickly. I think it suits me.

3. I love eating alone in restaurants. Given the chance, I'll gladly ask for a single table and sit there for hours. I suppose I consider myself my own best company . . . which means I am often alone, but never lonely.

4. I have tried to talk myself into being a cat person, but just can't seem to get there. The thought of having a cat as a pet is so foreign to me that it scares the crap out of me. What, actually, makes a person a cat person or a dog person??

5. I find that the older I get, the less of a good friend I become (at least in terms of keeping up with people). It's not something I'm happy about. It's just a fact. I've become more of a loner in my old age.

6. All that said in #5 above, I did start, three years ago, to send one of those catch-up letters with my Christmas cards. I've always enjoyed getting them (I suppose you either love them or hate them). I try very hard not to sound too Pollyanna (and include a sprinkling of Gahan Girls reality "caca" to keep myself humble), but I do rather enjoy collecting pictures and milestones throughout the year that I can share with family and friends.

5 comments:

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Your 6 random things were better than mine, but OK I am still new at this. And about the cat thing, I cannot do cats because I am allergic. Have a wonderful week! Jackie

trish said...

I loved reading your memes! It is funny, my husband is not a dog person (even though we have one) and well, I just want all the animals! :o) I see Gideon on your banner. He is so cute!! You know, the older I get, the more content I am with being alone too. I really only have 1 friend here (lots of friendly acquaintances) and my family. When I was younger I HAD to have many people in my life...so I did.
Thank you for your kind words that you left on my blog!
Your bicycle with pumpkins and crow is too cute!! I need one of those crows! :o) Well and a bike like that too ... but I am on a budget ... ha ha ha!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Have a wonderful day!

Ashley said...

I'll have to keep that in mind about the small clips...

Anonymous said...

Dawn,

Now you are my friend for life. I detest cats. Well, in all honesty I'm allergic but they just kind of creep me out. Maybe it's from growning up on a farm and they were always everywhere crawling around my ankles. And they seem to have a sixth sense that I dislike them so they want to crawl all over me.

I also relate to the friend thing. It's a lot of work and I've gotten very selfish with my time as I age. Finding people who like all my quirkiness isn't easy either.

You gotta love my hair a lot then. I colored it until I turned 50 and then just said forget about it. Who did I think I was kidding? Your hair does take on a whole new texture when it turns gray. Just wait till you have a whole head full.

Gretchen

Elizabeth said...

I love these! Number 3 and Five are very funny. I'm the same way. A bit of a loner, and find that sometimes getting together with people is just too much work.

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails