Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fall is here, and I don't care if it's 90 degrees outside . . .

I keep grasping onto any little hint of Fall. The wind picks up . . . it's Fall! The temperature drops a few degrees . . . it's Fall. The community swimming pool is closed for the season . . . well, of course it must be Fall. Ingles has pumpkins in their produce department . . . that's as good an indication that Fall is here as a printed date in the Farmer's Almanac. And at $3.98 a pumpkin, we're stocking up! Look at these two beauties on my front porch.

I keep my front porch decorated with live pumpkins right up through Halloween. I love their color. And then there's carving them, and lighting up their innards every evening when I get home, a gaggle of glowing personalities on my doorstep.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh I am so with you! Those pumpkins are beautiful. I already changes some accessories in my house to push fall ahead!!!

Empty Nest Full Life said...

It actually felt like fall today here. Love the pumpkins, I am a pumpkin fanatic! Love them. Jackie

Laura said...

Fall is the best . . .

I got so excited today. Actually got to wear a sweater!! lol. Finally.

trish said...

Good Morning,

I am the very same way! Any little hint makes my heart skip a beat!
Your pumpkins are perfect!
Sincerely,
Tricia Anne

abeachcottage said...

oh it's warm here too, but then it's Spring

I'm enjoyin all the fall stuff, love pumkins on the door step all lit up and looking gorgeous, sigh...

Sarah

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails