Saturday, September 6, 2008

Birthday Party

Tonite my family celebrated my and my stepsister Karla's birthdays. My mom (aka Grandie to Harleigh) outdid herself as always. She started us off with homemade paté, yes homemade. To die for. Also homemade (and I'll stop prefacing everything with homemade, since everything she makes is from scratch) crab rangoons. Then for dinner we had pork tenderloin with a heavy-cream and dijon mustard sauce, oven-browned white and sweet potato "fries," and a cold pea, onion and egg salad. And always accompanied by a wonderful selection of wines.

For dessert dear Grandie outdid herself with our favorites: for Karla, pumpkin cheesecake with a ginger snap crust, and for me an apple pie, both with vanilla ice cream on the side.

Harleigh has already put in her birthday dessert order . . . a quiche-sized crème brûlée, all to herself!

Thanks again, Grandie, for a wonderful meal, a wonderful evening.

3 comments:

Blogger said...

Man oh man, PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE??? I'm in heaven! Everything looks so delicious and so pretty, too :)

Bella

Anonymous said...

Happy 29th birthday...right?

The food sounds delish!

Gretchen

Elizabeth said...

Happy birthday Dawn!! Your mom is a fabulous cook from what I have seen!! Yummy!

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails