Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Overload


I felt it a bit today. A culmination of living. The eating well (it's a discipline, I tell ya). The working out 6 days a week. In bed by 9 and up at 5. And while I'm awake . . . busy, busy, busy. The house is in summer shambles. With a daughter who's a camp counselor, each day's dump of belongings in the kitchen includes a knapsack, wet bathing suit and towel, two pairs of shoes, a water bottle, lunchbox . . . you get the picture.

And today when I got home, I simply said "I'm doing nothing." I grilled a hot dog, slowly ate an Italian ice, opened mail, played with my doggie, and forced myself to not feel guilty. And when my head hits the pillow tonite, I will try my darndest to fall asleep counting sweet sheep instead of tomorrow's TO DOs.

3 comments:

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Hope you had a restful evening! Jackie

Christine said...

Did you do it?

Ashley said...

If anyone deserves a relaxing, do nothing night it's you!

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails