Monday, July 6, 2009

I wanted an initial on my wall so badly . . .

I was in love with Mary Tyler Moore's single-girl apartment in her TV show. My very first apartment was the third-floor of a small brownstone in downtown Baltimore, across the street from The Johns Hopkins University and within walking distance to my first job out of college at The Baltimore Museum of Art. It was a tiny, tiny apartment, the kitchen so small that the refrigerator was in the dining room. But it had darling dormer windows and French doors that separated the bedroom from the living room/dining room. When my boyfriend at the time got me an Old English Sheepdog puppy, Wyeth, for Christmas, it was time to move to a bigger place.

Julie over at Hooked on Houses has a post on Mary's apartment, chock full of pictures. Take a look and go down memory lane.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Wow, that use does take me back. My first place was a studio and I loved it. It was all mine. Didn't share it with anyone. Those were the days.

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails