Saturday, May 30, 2009

She did it!

Harleigh passed a vigorous week of training and is now ready for a full summer of lifeguard work. She'll be lifeguarding at the church camp that she went to for 11 years, then worked at (on the high school servant team) for the past 2. This year she decided that she wanted to lifeguard. I couldn't be more proud. The lifesaving tests that they took were beyond what I could have ever tackled as a teen. It's serious stuff, and I'm glad that she has a summer filled with kids, sunshine, a beautiful pool, all with a Christian focus. She already has three private parties scheduled as well; a perk to the job.

She got her two swimsuits (one red and one blue), and is already adept at the lifeguard whistle finger twirl.
Here's her "charge" this summer.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Good for her! What a fun summer job.

XXDenise

Claudia said...

Congratulatons to Harleigh! I always thought lifeguards were so cool when I was growing up! Such responsibility and a tan, too! She'll be great at it, I know.

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails