Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Puppy Love Tag Swap — Tag 1: "Check yes or no"






I have been beside myself with this tag swap that Karla over at Karla's Cottage is doing. The theme is Puppy Love. It has been a blast making the tags. There are set parameters, there is a deadline (and the timeline is manageable), crafting them takes an evening or two at the most, and I have all the supplies on hand; in other words, it's been an easy project to jump right into, and there is nothing daunting about it. I will share my tags as I finish them.

Tag 1: "Check yes or no"

This tag is inspired by the crushes we all had in elementary school. Side one of the tag is covered in a page from a dictionary that has the definition for "puppy love." Over that I put a small picture of a page from a yearbook where I put a heart around one of the little boys (the crushee) something we always did in our own yearbooks.

The card slips into a glassine sleeve, and in the sleeve is a piece of pink notebook paper which has the note which was passed in class. I added a velvet ribbon which holds a pencil for checking the appropriate box.

The back side of the card is a school library check-out card. The hole in the card has a reinforcement around it (it's a bit hidden by the tack I used to hang the tag for picture taking). I added the flowers for embellishment.

2 comments:

Empty Nest Full Life said...

You are so creative, I'd still be sitting here trying to figure out what to do. Jackie

Freckled Hen said...

Very cute! How do you think of these things?! That pic a few posts ago of you and Gideon on the couch is adorable.

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails