Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Shell Cross

I finished the first of my shell crosses last night. I can't part with this one and so I'm hanging it in my bedroom. I love the half of a pink urchin at the bottom; some of the shells I ordered came in broken and so I used those wherever I could. While most of the shells are used with the outside showing, I used two shells inside-showing to represent Christ's heart, open to loving everyone and exposed for all the world to see, and to show how our hearts should be open to all the good and beauty that God can bring into our own lives. I also have a pearl in my design — pearls are mentioned often in the Bible. In one case the Kingdom of Heaven is compared to a "pearl of great price."

5 comments:

ali said...

It's just so beautiful. I love it, and the meaning. And I think I needed to hear that, too... so, thank you.

Dawn Gahan said...

Glad it inspired you. Love, Dawn E. Girl

Posy said...

So lovely!

Karla said...

I am so enjoying your Blog!!! You have such a beautifully creative spirit - I am blessed to call you sister!!

Would love to see what creative use you put the wood hanger-thing to!!

Love, Karla

Anonymous said...

That's really beautiful!

Manuela

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails