Saturday, March 22, 2008

Dog Day Afternoon

Temperatures in the 70's. Sunny. Warm breeze. What an Easter weekend! Spent a good part of the afternoon in the yard. Harleigh in a bikini trying for that tan-before-Spring-Break (back in my day we called it frying with baby oil on). And I sat in the shade with my calves out in the sun, pants pulled up to my knees, reading. And Gideon played ball and lounged. Most dogs play with tennis balls. Our boy is so big that a soccer ball works much better.





Was at church this morning dressing the altar for Easter. Tons and tons of beautiful white lilies. I can't wait for service tomorrow. Our church is having a breakfast beginning at 7AM which we'll go to. And then I have to prepare both the 9:30 and 11:00 services for communion. Always been a crier, big time, and I really amp up the prayers before Easter service because it takes every ounce of strength I have to keep it together. Between the full orchestra (the trumpet leaves me practically curled in the fetal position with emotion), the Easter hymns, and the service ending with the Hallelujah chorus (our choir is quite amazing), I'll wind up with a headache from holding it all in. And my lip quivers, which is never pretty.

No comments:

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails