Sunday, February 24, 2008

uggggggh

I watched my teenage daughter take off her Ugg boots this morning and, without a thought, lay them on her bed. I would no sooner take off a pair of shoes, even slippers, and put them on my bed than I would leave a wet towel on the bathroom floor after a shower. I'm sure that I was that way when I was her age. Mind on other things, OK to live in a bit of disarray.

It served to remind me that I needn't get freaked out about the "hair" bunnies that constantly litter my hardwoods from our ever-so-hairy sheepdog, the paperwork and mail that I just can't seem to get ahead of and filed, the not-so-perfect yard (well, cut my self some slack on that one: it is the wet and barren end of winter). The bottom line is that I do the best I can, we live in relative cleanliness and those Ugg boots on her bed do make me smile every time I walk by and see them . . . after all, they do remind me that I have an unpredictable, wonderfully adventurous, carefree woman living with me and reminding me, on a daily basis, that I need not sweat the little stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On the bed!? Ugg! Literally!

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails