Sunday, February 10, 2008

Cupcakes and Laundry

When I'm doing laundry I usually bake. It helps that the stove and the washer and dryer are in the same part of the house, but other than that, there's no correlation between the two. Perhaps measuring the detergent into the washer makes me want to measure flour into a sifter. Who knows. But no one in the house is complaining. When mom is gettin' clothes clean, there's always somethin' warm comin' out of the oven.

Here are my Valentine's Day cupcakes. I make a mildly sweet whipped cream frosting which means a generous sprinkle of sugar on top won't make the cupcakes too sweet.

And as far as measuring laundry detergent goes, you'll never catch me measuring out of a box using that clear green plastic measuring cup they give you. My detergent goes into this plastic candy canister along with a vintage tea cup. (I do prefer glass containers, but in this case plastic is a little more safe; if I were to hit the cup on the lip and it were to break into the detergent, it would be a mess.)

No comments:

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails