Friday, February 22, 2008

Next Door Neighbor

One of the things that struck me as so smalltown about blogging is that despite there being a network of women worldwide, the sense of community that is created amongst the gals who share the same interests and read each other's blogs daily is as comforting and natural as sending your little one next door to borrow a cup of sugar. I felt it in a very real way when I got a comment and email from Kim of Dear Daisy Cottage, one of my favorite blogs and inspirations, asking if she could purchase one of the hearts she had seen on my blog. I was elated! Here is the package, ready to be sent . . . returning that cup of sugar I borrowed.I used the My Funny Valentine sheet music as wrapping paper (see my Valentine blog where I used the sheet music as a prop), and as packing to keep the hearts from getting damaged I used a cut-up vintage bed sheet. I often come across these and fall in love with the pattern. With all the mailings I do, I decided that cutting up the sheets into small strips using pinking sheers created the perfect packing material for small boxes.

No comments:

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails