Wednesday, February 25, 2009

This is why I need a craft room

My little cottage study has become an overgrown "garden" of baubles, ribbons, beads and such. It IS the time to carve out a space for my crafting that will not make our main living area look like a bomb went off in a Michaels.

I have plastic bins on the floor, my charming built-in bookcases are housing tubs of shells instead of reading material, my in-progress ribbon organizing has the study dresser drawer overflowing, and my beautiful maple drop-leaf table might as well be a piece of plywood resting on sawhorses what with all the crap strewn on it.

The migrating of the crafts to the rumpus room begins in earnest this weekend. I want my peaceful study back. My reading chair, once a place to read and relax, is now a perch for when I'm rifling through millinery flowers or thumbing through my craft binders in a mad frenzy to find a particular inspirational picture. Or worse yet, it's a chair where I attempt to read and relax, only to look around me and see all the crafting projects that I need to be working on.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I really can't wait to see what you come up with. I'll be more than a little envious I'm sure. I have one shelf and a tiny corner in our office (which is decorated in a sports theme!) for a crafting area.

julie said...

UHHH--that mess is SO not you. (me, maybe, but definitely not you.)

My mouth honestly fell open when I looked at the pics of your gorgeous built-ins. High time to repurpose the rumpus room. It'll be perfect and you'll feel SOOOO much better!

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Your mess looks better than mine. Way better!!!! Love the sepia tone pictures. Jackie

Freckled Hen said...

Your pictures are beautiful. Your room looks so elegant, these could be "after" pictures!

Denise said...

I love your bookcases! I can't wait to see the finished room!

Have a great day, Denise

You might also like . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails